Saigon (city with the highest density of population in the world)
- It is a typical tube house constructed on the plot 4,00 m wide and 20,00m deep.
- The front and back façades are entirely composed of layers of concrete planters cantilevered from two side walls.
- The distance between the planters and the height of the planters are adjusted according to the height of the plants, which varies from 25 cm to 40 cm.
- To water plants and for easy maintenance, an automatic irrigation pipes inside the planters has been developed.
- This tropical, unique and green house has been named “Stacking Green” because its façades filled with vigorous and vital greenery.
- The house structure is a RC frame structure widely used in Vietnam.
- The partition walls are very few in order to keep interior fluency and view of green façades from every point of the house.
- The green façade and roof top garden protect its inhabitants from the direct sunlight, street noise and pollution.
- Furthermore, natural ventilation through the façades and 2 top-lights allow this house to save a big energy in a harsh climate in Saigon ( bioclimatic principles of traditional Vietnamese courtyard house).